Monday, November 10, 2008

Chorizo or SOYRIZO?? Move over meat!


(Excuse the picture my camera needs replacing)
I am really excited about being a vegan. I feel good about what I am doing for the environment, I am more energetic, and I have shed a few pounds. I think I will start incorporating my photo’s (before and after of my transformation) here. I am devoting this post today to a product review. Are you ready for this folks? Have you ever had chorizo? Well get ready for meatless chorizo, or better yet , SOYRIZO!!!


I have to admit I was a little skeptical, especially since I live in Phoenix, Arizona, where I reside amongst some of the most wonderful Mexican food ever created. I told myself that if I am going to live a vegetarian/vegan lifestyle that I was going to have to open up and expose myself to all life had to offer me. So, there I stood in my kitchen, eye to eye with Melissa’s Soyrizo. I opened the package as my skillet was heating. I took a small but reasonable portion from the casing that it was enclosed in and placed it ever so gently next to the diced potatoes, onion, spinach, and red and yellow peppers. I sautéed the ingredients together until they began to provide a symphony of flavors towards my nose. I danced to the tune that was both fragrant and intoxicating. What jarred me from my smooth grove was my hubby making sounds as the dishes clamored together as if to be fighting amongst themselves to see who would be first to get the honor of having this meal served upon them.

As I grabbed one of those plates (I knew it was happy), I lightly placed this beautiful looking dish on it. I hurried to our dining room table as if I was carrying a prized possession to a king who had no patience. I sat an inhaled once more the aroma which had hypnotized me earlier. I took my fork in my right hand and gathered a heaping morsel. I opened my mouth and let the taste of the soyrizo dish introduce itself to my taste buds. “Nice to meet you Soyrizo” said the smile on my face as I chewed what would be one of many bites that I would take to clear this flavorful concoction from my plate. All I can say is, move over chorizo……you have met your match! Soyrizo is here to stay!!!!


You can find this tasty treat at many local grocery stores. I found it at WalMart.


1 comment:

  1. my hubby loves this stuff--- it was his obsession that spanned the idea to make my cornbread chorizo stuffing recipe. yummm

    ReplyDelete