Wednesday, November 5, 2008

MY CAKE RUNNETH OVER!!!

I know that I just spent the last post talking about how to eat healthy and I shared some information on the various terms of some of the food that we eat but I have to tell you about a WONDERFUL dessert that I read up on at an INCREDIBLE blog site called “Diet, Dessert and Dogs”. The dessert I am referring to is called the “Vegan Molten Chocolate Cakes”. As she was describing this dessert, my mouth began to water, my eyes welled up with tears, and my lungs with filled with as much air as it could take as I yelled a great, big “THANK YOU” in the atmosphere to her for this decadent piece of what I am going to call heaven. I was a true chocoholic but was giving it up because I am now vegan and that is not allowed…..or so I thought (I will be able to induldge every once in a while). Ricki H., is the saint, who graced us with this “holy” treat and I am forever grateful (you can get the recipe' on her blog)! Thank you again Ricki, I hope you get to read this.

Do you want to know the most awesome fact about these chocolate cakes??? They are made with vegetables!!! I know huh? You can close your mouths now…. I kid you not! She shares with us that also included with some of the healthiest of ingredients are spinach and zucchini and they play top billing in this sweet performance. She also provides alternative tips and suggestions on various ways to create this vegan fantasy! I am going to try it this weekend and let you know how it turns out ( with pics and everything) and if you are up for the challenge as well try it yourself and let me know how it turned out . I encourage you to visit dietdessertndogs.wordpress.com; it is a place that I will definitely rely on as a staple for information and recipe’s on my vegan journey. Much success to you Ricki!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nettrea! Thanks so much for the amazing shout-out (I'm blushing ;) ). I'm so glad you like the blog and the recipe. Since I first posted that, I've had much feedback on the cakes (as you saw on the post), and, if anything, would suggest trying to fit in a little more filling in each cake for a better effect.

    Welcome to the world of veganism AND the blogging world--I think you will love both of them! I look forward to reading more from you and hearing about your journey.

    All the best,
    Ricki :)

    ReplyDelete