Thursday, March 26, 2009

My Dehydrator blew!


What is a girl to do..... CELEBRATE!!! YES!!! I had an older model Nesco snackmaster dehydrator. It was a good item for me to start out with and get my feet wet in the world of dehydration. So when it blew out (as it exhaled its last puff of air) Puff..puff...puf...pu....p, I promptly held it close to me as if I had a sick child in my arms.


Now, I am not sure if my AH thought I had lost it or what but when he sauntered into the kitchen and saw me ever so tightly clutching this huge electric food dryer (as my AH calls it), he let out a big laugh, turned and said, "well you said you wanted that Excalibur 9 tray food dryer, so it looks like I am going to have to get it now". If you could have seen the look on my face as I put the Nesco down on the counter and followed my AH into the living room, you would have thought I was put into a trance and he had the power. I yelled out "are you serious?" He said "yes, I was just waiting to see what you could make with that food blower". Well everyone, my hubby is ordering my Excalibur as I am typing this blog post! I can not wait! Though I had good times with the Nesco dehydrator, I am looking for even better times with the Excalibur! What to make first....what to make first???

Rawsome Blessings to you,

TwinkieR*

5 comments:

  1. I had a Nesco too and it blew right after my second use. I'm getting ready to get me an excalibur too. I can't wait!

    Can't wait to see what you make, do share! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Evelyn! Excalibur is the way to go! Let me know when you get yours. I cant wait either. Recipe's??? You got it! I already have my favorites marked in a list to try...LOL!! Have Blessed day! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a darling hubby you have! And isn't it funny how we raw mamas get so excited about a good kitchen appliance? I danced a very happy dance when hubby bought my blender and dehydrator. I have the 9 tray excalibur also, and this machine is a thing of beauty! You will LOVE yours!

    Happy dehydrating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sheri! I am so looking forward to it! I am so excited. I may be contacting you for some assistance. LOL!!! I may be too happy yo even turn it on. I may need someone to hold my hand.....LOL!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. TwinkieR, where did your husband order your dehydrator? I want to order one - I am spending too much money buying vegan & organic flaxseed chips from the Health Food store.

    Also, any recommendations on where to order a Vitamix?

    Thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete